Quote for you

Hans Hoffman " The ability to simplify is to eliminate the unnecessary so the necessary can speak"

Friday, May 8, 2009


My first blog! How exciting. I would like to invite you into my world of art.
Yesterday I went to my pastel class taught by artist Linda Packard . I love the class because of the diversity of painters and the camaraderie of the fellow artist, not to mention all the great things I have learned. I have attached some work from that class.
Beautiful downtown Bangor. I wanted to capture the light as well as the architecture of the old buildings. Bangor is celebrating 175 years of existence so I wanted to paint my city of birth. I decided to start with the Hammond Street Senior Center formerly the Bangor Savings Bank on lower Hammond St. The grandness of this building is easy to see. The view of the painting is from the park directly across from the building. I chose pastel to paint this scene since it would lend itself to a more softer image. This painting is for sale. Framed $175. To view more painting go to www.Suzanne-Roberts.com

No comments:

Post a Comment