Quote for you

Hans Hoffman " The ability to simplify is to eliminate the unnecessary so the necessary can speak"

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Good News


This week has been one of connecting to the art community here in Maine. I entered into the juried Bangor Art Society Spring Show and was delighted to find out that  one of my paintings was selected for the exhibit. The painting is "Maine-still water" it is posted on this site earlier. Just scroll down if you want to view it.
Today I found out that I was selected for a one woman show at Eastern Maine Cancer Care Center in Brewer for the months of August and September. I am delighted that it is the Caner Center...I couldn't think of a more worthy cause to support.
 I have started a new painting today and painted out on my deck because the weather was so beautiful. The painting is of the sky so I had such a great reference. I just had to look overhead. I will post the painting as soon as it is finished....I have  few clouds to adjust.
This piece is a painting I did this winter in Naples, Florida "Naples Pier" It was one of the few warm days we had....and one that wasn't so windy it would blow you away. The path on to the beach was surrounded by thick lush foliage that was cool and shady with that fine sand that sticks to your feet. The trees seemed to frame the pier nicely...so I had to paint it.

No comments:

Post a Comment