Quote for you

Hans Hoffman " The ability to simplify is to eliminate the unnecessary so the necessary can speak"

Monday, June 7, 2010

A lesson in making pastel paper

Today I made some pastel paper by using Hot pressed watercolor paper and AS Art Spectrum, fine tooth,Colorfix primer,  pastel and multimedia primer
First I placed the paper on the table lined with newspaper. I poured some Colorfix on to a paper plate and using a foam roller I rolled the color on to the paper. You can use a foam brush however in order to cover the large surface I elected to use the roller. Coat the paper evenly and let dry. This takes about 5-10 minutes. I used a color called Aubergine . I will post some pictures so you can see the process. I also made some other colors, Deep Ultra and Terricotta.
This is the results of painting on the Aubergine. I think it helped in getting the atmosphere in the distance. How do you like the effect?

No comments:

Post a Comment