Quote for you

Hans Hoffman " The ability to simplify is to eliminate the unnecessary so the necessary can speak"

Friday, April 15, 2011

Only in Maine

I have lived here in Maine all my life and had never visited Bailey's Island. I was lucky enough to take a class from Robert Carsten, PSA pastel instructor last year. We had an opportunity to explore Bailey's Island. What a post card this place is. Everywhere you look is a scene waiting to be painted. It is raw and beautiful.....definitely Maine.
I took many photos and today I was looking them over and found this one. Looking at this photo  I had a feeling of being in a secluded place but not far from others. This  little row boat is waiting for to be taken out for a row...I felt like jumping in and doing just that.
Today I felt like a row....so I painted this scene.
Enjoy a piece of Maine.
Marooned
8 X 10 Pastel on Wallis
by S.G. Roberts


No comments:

Post a Comment