Quote for you

Hans Hoffman " The ability to simplify is to eliminate the unnecessary so the necessary can speak"

Monday, September 12, 2011

Paint Bangor Day

Saturday was an exciting day. Paint Bangor Day had arrived and I was anxious to get to it. I selected a scene on the river that runs into Bangor. It is a very well know river with many events held each year, canoe races, Kayak races, and a walkway through the area. I chose this site because it would be well know to anyone who knows Bangor.
I arrived on the river at 9:30 am. The light was spilling on the river and the shadows were still present.
  After painting all morning I then went into Bangor and painted the downtown square with it's fountain that is about to be moved to another location.
At 3 pm I turned in my paintings at the University of Maine Arts Center in downtown Bangor. There the paintings were hung and a wonderful reception took place. It was a wonderful venue for the event with some paintings being displayed inside and some in the outside garden.
All the artist and their friends attended....I was disappointed with the number of people attending. I wishied more  people would support their local artist.
Maybe next year.
Morning on the Kenduskeag
9 X  12 pastel on wallis
framed $175

City Square
6 X 6  oil on canvas
$75.00


No comments:

Post a Comment