Quote for you

Hans Hoffman " The ability to simplify is to eliminate the unnecessary so the necessary can speak"

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

New Year's resolution

I have a New Year's resolution to paint loosely. I have been working on the details of painting trying to get my paintings more realistic. I have come to the conclusion that this is not how I want to express myself. Loose is the way to go for me. I want to do more landscape paintings that are abstract representational.
The first paining is of a view off MaƱana just of the coast of Monhegan. I didn't paint this as abstract as I would like...maybe on the next go-round. It is worth doing again but with a bit more abstraction.The second paining is of a Maine Island. I just watched a video of Philip Frey at the Court House Gallery and was inspired by his Island of Maine paintings. I painted one of his paintings or at least one similar that is not for sale, it is just a study.







Island View
12 X 12 oil on canvas
by S.G.Roberts
$200.
Storm Approaching
8 X 10 oil on canvas covered board
by S.G.Roberts
NFS


No comments:

Post a Comment