Quote for you

Hans Hoffman " The ability to simplify is to eliminate the unnecessary so the necessary can speak"

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Fall is in full swing and it is a busy one!


What beautiful weather we are having. The 50 degree days with crisp blue skies provide a backdrop enough to make an artist go wild.
I have been busy taking advantage of the weather, painting and taking photos. Robert Carsten had a workshop on Bailey's Island and I took full advantage. I had never been to Bailey's Island and found it to be a picturesque little Maine town that embodies the island life style. It was the perfect spot for a workshop. The Pastel workshop was wonderful and I learned an enormous amount in a short time. Roberts Carsten is a wonderful teacher.
After the workshop there was a gallery showing of the art work held at the Carver Hill Art Gallery in Rokport, which was judged by Robert Carsten. He even did a live demonstration after the presentation. It was fabulous.
This week is the Downtown Art Walk, Friday Nov.20th from 5 to 9pm and it is all FREE. Goodies are served in the various open artist studios. It is a great time and lots of fun. I am displaying my art work at Bennet Gallery just across for the Bagel shop and at the Hammond St Senior Center. Hope you can make it, you won't be disappointed.
Next week is Thanksgiving. I can't believe it is here already.
Hope you have a great Turkey Day.
P.S. I have updated my web site so be sure to check it out. www.Suzanne-Roberts.com


No comments:

Post a Comment