Quote for you

Hans Hoffman " The ability to simplify is to eliminate the unnecessary so the necessary can speak"

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Back in Sunny Florida and thinking of Maine

I am happy to report that I am in Florida. I have been busy this past week getting settled. Have set a goal for this year...I plan to do more sketching and painting. I am bringing my sketch book everywhere I go.
I signed up for my pastel class with Cheri Dunnigan and are still trying to find an oil class. I was so excited today to complete a painting. I have painted this in pastel and wanted to do it again in oil....so here it is.
Harbor Meeting
12x12  oil
by S.G. Roberts


It is so good to feel the silky flow of oil paint and of course the smell....I love it.




1 comment:

  1. You're in Florida thinking of and painting Maine, while I'm thinking how wonderful it would be to be warm! fortunately the warmest spot in my house is my studio...yeah!

    I like the perspective in this one. Can't wait to see what you do in pastel class there. Give 'em hell! Ha ha

    Miss you.

    ReplyDelete