Quote for you

Hans Hoffman " The ability to simplify is to eliminate the unnecessary so the necessary can speak"

Monday, May 2, 2011

Trying something new

Sometimes trying something new can ignite a creative spark within. I thought I would try a new technique to aid in pastel painting that would bring a new feeling or mood to my paintings.
The process I used was to paint an underpainting in pastel and then using a spray bottle mist the painting until it drips. The drips make long marks on the painting that I can then respond to and incorporate into my painting. Here is the results.
Shack by the Bay
8  X 10 pastel on Wallis


I must say I like the results and will try this again. You can see the drips on the right side. The effect is a textured area with dimension.




No comments:

Post a Comment