Quote for you

Hans Hoffman " The ability to simplify is to eliminate the unnecessary so the necessary can speak"

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Plein Air Painting

This week I painted in Linda Packard's Plein Air Class. We headed to Cascade park in Bangor. It is a beautiful park that is maintained by the city.  I climbed the hill and scoped out the place for a view that would capture my interest. I didn't have to look very far because just across the river is the Brewer Salmon Fishing Club. It is right on the edge of the Penobscot river nestled in the trees. The light was just glowing on the space behind the cabin. It surely was a painting waiting to be painted....and I was just the one to do it.

Brewer Salmon Fishing Club
9 X 12 Pastel on wallis paper
by S.G. Roberts

Thumbnail sketch of the Salmon Fishing Club. This is the view I selected to paint.

this thumbnail sketch allowed me to figure out the view I wanted to paint
This didn't make it...but without the building it might be another painting,



No comments:

Post a Comment