Quote for you

Hans Hoffman " The ability to simplify is to eliminate the unnecessary so the necessary can speak"

Monday, July 1, 2013

My friend and Book Illustrator

Recently my friend and mentor, Barbara Mallonee, illustrated a book for children. Her fresh approach to this project was fascinating.
The title of the book is Princess Ana and B, written by Barbara McKee for the children of Honduras. The book is written in English and Spanish. The illustrations are beautifully rendered by artist Barbara Mallonee. She captured the delight in this story with her amazing drawings.
I am so lucky to be able to call  this wonderful, delightful, creative woman my friend. She is a dear!
Here are some pictures I took at the book signing in Casting, Maine.
Barbara McKee gives Barbara Mallonee an Ant sculpture

Barbara Mallonee holding up the Ant

Barbara McKee discusses the reasons she wrote the book, with Barbara Mallonee
looking on.

Barbara McKee opens the book while Barbara Mallonee answers questions
from the audience.

My painting buddies, Terrie and Priscilla

Linda and Tom Stern chat with Bruce and  Lee anne Mallonee

Barbara Mallonee signing my book

The Wilson Museum, the site of the book signing

Castine, Maine 

No comments:

Post a Comment